You can’t always have a good day but you can always face a bad day with a good attitude.
*Also, as a place for all women, we are supporters of mental health and want to be clear that we believe in seeking professional help when needed. It’s not weird nor does it make you any less awesome. But also, if you need a little reminder of flipping your attitude, read below.
Today, we’re owning the chance to clapback to negativity and get everything you want. Seriously, attitude is everything. We all have moments where we need an attitude check! Whether you are doing something you love or truly dislike, your attitude will literally change your game. In your work, in your relationships, and in your fitness.
So when you’re not feeling it, how do you ground yourself and move forward?
- Pause and breathe. We can get so caught up in a moment, reaction, and everything can unravel if we don’t stop and gain some perspective.
- Choose. Remind yourself that you have 2 choices: to make this fun and enjoyable or make it horrible and dreadful.
- Role Model. Think about someone that inspires you to live in a more positive way. Someone who is positive in their work, in their fitness, or in their relationships.
- Is there something small you can do to increase the positivity or enjoyability of the task? If it’s working out: maybe it’s a great playlist/podcast or an outfit that makes you feel strong. If it’s a relationship: maybe it’s thinking about how much better it would be if you were kinder or opening up a conversation to better understand that person’s perspective. If it’s work: is there a fun coffee drink you can get to spice up your day or a positive quote that you can put in front of you to bring you inspiration. Find a little thing that will bring you joy!
- Know when you can CREATE the environment and when you have to BE the environment. And then own that. Sometimes we can facilitate an environment that fosters positivity and epicness when we bring together great people and things . Other times we literally have to be the person that is bringing the positivity and creating the energy either for ourselves or for others. Step up sis, we need you.