Community Meet-Ups And SIB Mileage Club Info!
Our Community Meet-Ups welcome ALL LEVELS and it a fun way to connect. Join us at the upcoming complimentary events leading up to race day!
Saturday, January 19th 8:00am-10:00am Fleet Feet Sports Aptos
Saturday, February 23rd location TBD.
Everyone is invited!
Learn More about our Virtual Community
She.is.beautiful (SIB) Mileage Club 2019 #SIBMILEAGECLUB
Join our VIRTUAL girl gang with goals! Registration for the 2019 She.is.beautiful Mileage Club is OPEN through January on our SHOP SITE.
The SIB Mileage Club is an online community that supports and inspires each member to accomplish a self-selected yearly mileage goal. Four levels of mileage goals are available so you can pick a goal that’s right for you – choose from 500, 1000, 1500 or 2000 miles. Your 2019 membership in the SIB Mileage Club includes:
- An EPIC swag box delivered to your doorstep at the beginning of the year ($120 value!)
- 25% discount on all 2019 She.is.beautiful races and events
- Access to our own private Strava and Facebook communities
- Monthly check-ins that include motivation and education to crush your goals
- A supportive, non-competitive group of rad women with goals in life and on the road
- Finisher’s jacket and medal upon completion of your mileage goal!
- ADDITIONAL NEW PERKS TO THIS YEAR’S MILEAGE CLUB:
- Your membership allows you to participate in our 2019 races virtually (yes, this is the only way to do our events virtually!)
- Option to add a Summer Swag Box *exclusive to Mileage Club Members only
- Includes tank top, goodrs, and a hat
- All members will receive a specialized Mileage Club bib at our events
- Opportunity to take part in lifestyle challenges ranging from gratitude, to writing, to nutrition, and more!
- Access to 5k, 10k, and 10 miler training plans
* 2019 Mileage Club Registration will open online on Monday, October 22nd. Stay tuned!
Meet Your Virtual Team Captain Katie!
3 FUN Facts About Katie:
- RUNNING: She just completed her first 50k (hello, ultra!), and will be training for the 2019 Boston Marathon (her 9th marathon to date). She loves running in beautiful, warm places and has a newfound passion for trail running.
- LIFE: She spent a month in Sierra Leone, Africa in 2004 educating local journalists about HIV/AIDS.
- LOVE: She loves nature, red wine and coffee!
Katie is a Group Fitness Instructor, Running Coach, and Community Coordinator for She.is.beautiful
She.is.beautiful Run Crew!
We are proud to have a Run Crew full of people that live the essence of She.is.beautiful in their own lives and are spreading more joy and love in their communities.
INTRODUCING OUR 2019 RUN CREW!
Sara is She.is.beautiful’s Assistant Race Director and also our Run Crew’s Team Captain. When she’s not working with SIB, you can find her running, running after her 2 twos, or running her Physical Therapy office.
I work at an aquarium Not just any aquarium but the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Basically the best aquarium in the WORLD!
Besides running and cats, I love the environment and our planet so I refuse all types of single-use plastics and make my own cleaning products, kombucha and sourdough bread. I’m all about living a low impact life!
I love to listen to audiobooks when I’m running. My favorite genre are thrillers. I am guilty of having jumped at the sight of a bunny, raccoon or deer on the trail because I’m a big scaredy cat!
racing and in that year I completed 10 races. I wanted to
try and do one a month but couldn’t find the last two to fit
2019 SIB Run Crew
2019 She.is.beautiful Run Crew Information
The She.is.beautiful Run Crew Member represents the She.is.beautiful brand and what we stand for. If you’re interested in being a member of our SIB Run Crew, please read through the below information carefully. The word “ambassador” sometimes makes us cringe because we don’t want people to feel like they ever have to talk about She.is.beautiful if it’s not in their heart. We want our Run Crew to be people who are what SIB is all about: real, messy, athletes of all levels, compassionate, and kind.
SIB Crew Run will serve a one-year period and are encouraged to reapply each year (November 2018 – November 2019).
How to Apply:
- Fill out the Application HERE
- Please note: the Application contains an acknowledgment to our terms and conditions.
- The deadline to submit the Application by October 12, 2018.
She.is.beautiful Mission Statement:
We show up to empower women through movement and community in a supportive environment where they are able to take the lessons learned on the road and trail into the rest of their lives.
We believe that beauty is a feeling more than a physical attribute.
We think there is something powerful that happens when a woman/girl learns how strong she really is and how this can impact the rest of her life.
- Must love to run (NO speed requirement!)…you may even love/hate it sometimes!
- Passionate about self growth
- Active on Social Media (your Instagram MUST be public)
- Team player attitude (RESPECT is the name of the game!)
- Represent the She.is.beautiful brand in your local community:
- Attending our community runs (if you live in the area in which they take place)
- Participate in our Mileage Club (This is an online mileage challenge! It’s really fun and there will be no mileage requirement for our Ambassadors.)
- All Ambassadors will be given codes for $10 off Mileage Club to share with their communities.
- Attend our larger events when possible (Santa Cruz & Santa Barbara)
- If you do not live in the area, good news! We will be allowing Mileage Club members and Ambassadors to complete our races virtually! Whoop whoop!
- Promote the She.is.beautiful brand via your social media:
- Include the SIB Run Crew hashtag or Ambassador standing in your Instagram bio (#SIBRunCrew) *See Social Media Guide*
- One post per month tagging SIB *See Social Media Guide*
- Three total posts throughout term for events (We host several events throughout the year, as a SIB Run Crew member we ask you to help market our events. Ex: Santa Cruz 5k & 10k, Rise Up to Your Life Yoga Event, Santa Barbara 5k & 10k, Community Meet-Ups, etc) *Can be on Instagram Stories- See Social Media Guide*
- One post (per ambassador term) wearing She.is.beautiful merchandise. Don’t forget to tag us!
- Wear provided Sass Squad uniform at the events you attend.
- She.is.beautiful Swag box
- Complimentary entrance into our Mileage Club (Yes, this includes the Mileage Club swag box) – Opportunity to participate in our events virtually
- Complimentary event access (Ability to do races virtually starting in 2019)
- You will be featured on our website SIB Run Crew page
- You will be featured on our blog and social media pages
- SIB Run Crew uniform to wear at She.is.beautiful events (and other events if you wish)
- 25% off all other She.is.beautiful merchandise
The Fine Print:
She.is.beautiful works hard to show women and girls that beauty is not a physical appearance, but a state of mind. We believe that beauty comes from the inside and is emulated through how you interact with other and walk through life. Our image as a brand is very important to us, therefore, as an extension of our brand She.is.beautiful, the SIB Run Crew are expected to uphold our values. If we feel that members are misrepresenting our brand, we reserve the right to revoke Run Crew membership standing at anytime, for any reason. Members are not financially compensated in any way. She.is.beautiful does not pay or reimburse our ambassadors for their time or travel.